Server Sitters is seeking dedicated employees that are interested in a career in web hosting support, customer service, and development. We provide outsoured hosting support for some of the leading companies in the web hosting industry. We’re looking for natural leaders that are motivated and capable of multi-tasking. All of our Job Opportunities are on-site full-time positions in our secure facilities, located in Charlottetown, Canada or Northern Virginia, USA. We currently have openings on all shifts.
Position: Bilingual Tier 1 Agent (English/French)
Provide prompt, effective and courteous first level technical support to existing and potential clients via helpdesk, phone, and live chat services in both French and English
Input and review support and/or customer-related information into the billing and ticketing system
Provide sales information including pricing, plan, and upgrade options
Use troubleshooting skills to assist clients with technical issues
Must be fluent in English and French (written, verbal and comprehension)
1-3 years of customer service and/or call centre experience
Excellent email and phone etiquette, with the ability to service clients with issues and/or questions relating to web hosting services
Reliable, motivated, ability to multi-task, enthusiastic, and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Solid understanding of Internet terminology, applications and navigation
A willingness to work shifts outside of regular business hours (weekend, day, evening, and midnight shifts will be required)
Knowledge about web browsers, email clients, ftp clients, web design tools, cPanel and DNS
Familiarity with domain registrations/transfers
Some knowledge of how to work with e-commerce shopping carts, content management systems, blogs, mySQL databases and and PHP scripts
Server Sitters offers a competitive salary and incentives. Please state your salary expectations when submitting your application.
Position: Technical Support Tier 1 Agent (English)
Helpdesk, Telephone, and Live Chat Support
Troubleshooting a variety of technical website issues
Answering customer service related questions about hosting plans
Classification and escalation of Tier 2 issues
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
Knowledge of FTP, DNS, cPanel and WHM preferred.
Ability to multitask and meet specific goals set by supervisors and management.
Experience with documenting procedures.
Ability to troubleshoot basic web hosting and technical procedures as needed.
Position:Junior PHP Developer
Develop and manage PHP web applications
Database and PHP development
Proficiency with PHP and MySQL
Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) coding methodologies
Proficiency with XML, XHTML and CSS3
Familiarity with LAMP or MAMP Server administration
Proficiency with in-depth data mining, data analytics, data manipulation and reporting
Position: Junior Python Developer
We are looking for a Python developer to add to our team to assist in building
our microservice deployment. The primary focus will be in adding features to
existing microservices, as well as building new microservices to extend our
software stack. Currently our stack has a mix of software, examples being
Flask, MongoDB, CherryPy, Redis, Cerberus, Gunicorn, Gevent/Greenlet, and
OpenStack Nova, Neutron, Cinder, etc. We also utilize custom Python C
extensions, as well as some C microservices.
– Writing reusable, testable, efficient, and pythonic code
– Determining when a section of code needs to be reimplemented as a C extension
or spun off into a new microservice
– Integration of data structures into persistent or semi-persistent storage
solutions (key-value stores, blob stores, document stores, RDBMS)
– Provide ongoing maintanance of codebases that are currently deployed
– Building microservices that interact with other services over JSON-RPC (v2),
RESTful, and TCP socket based microservices
– Building and maintaining client API libraries for microservices and service
Skills and Qualifications:
– 1-2 years of experience as a Python developer
– Familiarity with the cloud hosting landscape and the competitors in the field
– Knowledge of at least one Python web microframework, such as Flask, CherryPy,
Bottle, Pecan, Tornado, etc.
– Fundamental understanding of Python multithreading and multiprocessing
– Ability to discuss the difference between the multiple concurrency models,
such as multithreading, multiprocessing, concurrency, asynchronous code,
synchronous code, coroutines, cooperative multithreading, mutexes, etc.
– Fundamental understanding of how the Python interpreter is structured
– Strong unit test knowledge, preferably with tools like Tox and Nose
– Proficient understanding of Git
– Basic understanding of multi-tiered applications with a multi-service/SOA
– Basic understanding of Unix and Linux platforms (preferably RHEL/CentOS 7 and
Additional Benefit Skills:
– Experience in building a microservice deployment
– Experience with C/C++, or alternatively, Rust
– Experience writing Python C extensions, or ctypes wrappers
– Basic understanding of POSIX compliant software design
– An eye for minimalist software design
– Experience with multiple types of user authentication and authorization
systems, such as LDAP, Active Directory, OAuth, etc.
– Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python