Server Sitters is seeking dedicated employees that are interested in a career in web hosting support, customer service, and software development. We provide outsourced hosting support for some of the leading companies in the web hosting industry. We’re looking for natural leaders that are motivated and capable of multi-tasking. All of our Job Opportunities are on-site full-time positions in our secure facilities, located in Charlottetown, Canada or Northern Virginia, USA. We currently have openings on all shifts.
Position: Bilingual Tier 1 Agent (English/French)
Provide prompt, effective and courteous first level technical support to existing and potential clients via helpdesk, phone, and live chat services in both French and English. Input and review support and/or customer-related information into the billing and ticketing system. Provide sales information including pricing, plan, and upgrade options. Use troubleshooting skills to assist clients with technical issues
- Must be fluent in English and French (written, verbal and comprehension)
- 1-3 years of customer service and/or call centre experience
- Excellent email and phone etiquette, with the ability to service clients with issues and/or questions relating to web hosting services
- Reliable, motivated, ability to multi-task, enthusiastic, and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Solid understanding of Internet terminology, applications and navigation
- A willingness to work shifts outside of regular business hours (weekend, day, evening, and midnight shifts will be required)
- Knowledge about web browsers, email clients, ftp clients, web design tools, cPanel and DNS
- Familiarity with domain registrations/transfers
- Some knowledge of how to work with e-commerce shopping carts, content management systems, blogs, mySQL databases and and PHP scripts
Server Sitters offers a competitive salary and incentives. Please state your salary expectations when submitting your application.
Position: Technical Support Tier 1 Agent (English)
Helpdesk, Telephone, and Live Chat Support
Troubleshooting a variety of technical website issues
Answering customer service related questions about hosting plans
Classification and escalation of Tier 2 issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
- Knowledge of FTP, DNS, cPanel and WHM preferred.
- Ability to multitask and meet specific goals set by supervisors and management.
- Experience with documenting procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic web hosting and technical procedures as needed.
We are looking for another innovative and diligent developer to join our small but growing development team. You will be part of a dynamic team responsible for the design and development of internal business applications. We pride ourselves on leveraging modern technology and languages to produce high quality web applications and software.
If you feel that you meet even some of the qualifications listed below and believe you can be an asset to our development team, we encourage you to apply.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with automated and functional testing
- Experience developing modern web applications and APIs
- Proficient understanding of Git and/or other version control systems
- Basic knowledge of multi-tiered and distributed applications
- Knowledge of database management and design
- Devops skills and experience considered an asset
- Knowledge and practical experience with Linux systems considered an asset
- A passion for development and learning
Benefits and Perks:
- Free Linux Academy account
- Discount at GoodLife Fitness
- Excellent group health and dental coverage
- Unlimited coffee
- Friendly and relaxed work environment
We value demonstrable ability over formalities so applicants of all backgrounds will be considered. If you have a portfolio, GitHub projects, open source contributions, publicly available projects that you have worked on or any other sample work please include a link in your submission. Even if you don’t have a body of work to point to don’t disqualify yourself, impress us in the interview instead.
Job Type: Full-time