If you want to change the document root to a site on your server, you will need to have root access to the server via SSH command line. This is not something that can be done via the WHM or cPanel.
- Open the following file in your favorite editor
- /var/cpanel/userdata/USERNAME/DOMAIN.COM (replace username and domain.com with the appropriate username and domain
- Search for a line that looks like this:
- Documentroot: /home/USERNAME/public_html
- Change the path in that line to the path you want to point it to.
- Once you have updated it, and saved the file, you need to rebuild the Apache config, and restart Apache.
- service httpd restart
The changes above will take affect as soon as Apache has been restarted.