Does Remote Support Provide any Significant Benefits?
Remote support is a type of support that allows an IT technician to support customers by connecting to a remote computer from their console and work directly with the system. This is a very popular way for companies to better serve their clients and keep their systems running smoothly.
Instead of traveling to the actual location of the computer, a technician can log on to the computer, remotely, and provide support. Even though the main benefit of this type of support is the ability to access computers from anywhere in the world, remote support also supports desktop sharing, file transfer and file synchronization.
Top Advantages of Using Remote Support
Remote support provides many advantages to IT technicians and the customers they support. Some of the top advantages include:
- Makes your Business Scalable – Since you don’t have to travel to provide support, remote support allows IT technicians to handle more customers. This makes your business easily scalable to the next level.
- Reduces Cost and Increases Profits – By eliminating the need to travel, you can provide support at a lower cost for the end consumer. This provides the ability to increase profits and reduce your overhead, as well.
- Better Focus with Fewer Interruptions – When an IT technician has to answer the phone, diagnose the issue, drive to the location and fix the issue; it takes away from the focus. With remote support, the technician doesn’t have to leave their desk and can focus on the task at hand.
- Better Service – With remote support, IT technicians can quickly fix the issue. This provides better and faster service for the end user.
- Larger Pool of Potential Customers – Using remote support opens up a world of possibilities, literally. You can provide support anywhere in the world, which opens up the potential for many new customers.
The biggest advantage of remote support is the ability to provide better service for your customers. This goes a long way and the faster you can fix their issue, the more appreciative they will be. Companies using remote support often see better customer retention.
Are there Any Issues with Using Remote Support Services?
The one major concern most people have with remote support is privacy. Many customers may be reluctant to allow an IT technician to log into their computer because of privacy concerns. Since desktop sharing is a very popular tool for this type of support, the technician gains full access to the client’s computer.
This causes a concern for some end users, but with the right type of system in place, you can provide remote support without violating their privacy. A guarantee of their privacy is necessary in this case and can go a long way to building the trust a technician needs with their clients.
How can Remote Support Help Your Hosting Company?
Typically, remote access is used with server monitoring, in the hosting industry. Saving money and gaining expertise in this area can be done by outsourcing this task.
IT technicians can gain remote access to your servers from anywhere in the world. They can log in and fix any issues currently found on the server. With remote support, your servers can be monitored around the clock and ay issue can be quickly addressed.
For your customers, this means more uptime, faster load times and more reliable servers. Without 24/7/365 server monitoring, your hosting company may experience an issue that causes large amounts of downtime. If this happens often, you will lose customers and help your competitors grow.
Outsource Your Server Monitoring for Better Service
Outsourcing server monitoring allows you to gain access to experts in the hosting industry. They will use a remote support program to monitor each of your servers for any areas that need to be addressed. With the right server monitoring, you can minimize downtime and correct issues quickly.
The cost of monitoring your servers around the clock can be very expensive, if you handle this task in-house. However, with the use of remote support, server monitoring from an industry leader, such as Server Sitters, becomes very affordable. You will have a close eye on your hosting servers every hour, of every day, which will help you retain your customer base and grow to the next level.
If you’ve been searching for the best server monitoring and you want to provide a better overall hosting product for your customers, contact Server Sitters today. We can help customize the right support package for you and utilize remote support to provide better server monitoring around the clock.